You guys!! I love to try all things that can help improve and sustain my health! I just had my first Reiki healing session this week. It was an absolutely amazing experience. I learned so much about chakra, prana, healing, sound, and how to pronounce Reiki—Ray-ki 😉
In the past, I have shied away from these types of experiences because I get soooo emotional when I get all introspective and in those vulnerable situations. It always ends up in tears, no joke. Plus, although I’m always looking for ways to improve my overall well-being, sometimes I shy away from things that at one time I considered “woo-woo.”
But now, I’m open to it all. I’ve truly seen how the power of the mind can have an impact on your health and body. Seriously – meditation, positive attitude (and talk), visualization, all that stuff.
So, I was open to this Reiki session which was suggested by my husband (hmmm, what was he trying to say LOL). He set it up for me because he had a session and a reading with this gal (Zoey) before. He is also very experimental.
I arrived to the location and it was beautifully decorated, had nice soothing music playing and smelled really good. Zoey was finishing up a session in the room, so I had to wait a few minutes.
She came out and welcomed me, brought me into the room and right away we connected. She was so positive and excited about her practice. She walked me through what would happen during the session after asking me why I was there. I’ll get to the actual session in a minute, but I told her the following:
- I was heading back to work after having 8 weeks off and was feeling a little anxious (and a little depressed) and just wanted to release that energy
- I was starting a new entrepreneurial business venture with my husband and just wanted a little clarity
- I was OPEN to whatever she wanted to do or felt in the moment during the session and I was OPEN to allowing anything to happen in the session
- I also mentioned I was having trouble sleeping and hoped this would help
She took all that in and walked me through her approach, which was:
- Helping me to block out outside noise with ear buds (soft music playing), an eye mask, and tucking me into the nice, warm looking massage bed. I would be fully clothed, just no shoes.
- She instructed me on a specific way of breathing, similar to a mediation breathing, slow and deep with some counts, just to keep my mind from wandering and help me relax.
- Then, she would start with my head and work her way down to my feet, just clearing the energy, feeling where I was not balanced, where I needed to flush out “bad energy.”
- She wouldn’t be touching me the whole time, but I would feel her touch my head, shoulders and feet.
- She described that what she was doing was filling me up with bright white light from my head to my feet, and thus, forcing out the “gunk” through the bottom of my feet, where my angels would pick it up and convert it to positive energy for the Universe.
- Then, she would use the singing bowls as some final chakra clearing.
- She said that any response would be normal – crying, wailing, fidgeting, sleeping, coughing, you name it. I was relieved at that, I had a feeling I was going to cry!
All of this took about 50 minutes (I think). It went by really quick. I was in and out of awareness, never fully out of it, but sometimes drifting, daydreaming, maybe even sleeping, and sometimes, totally inside my head and planning out my day.
I felt her go through her exact steps as she described, so I was aware enough for that. And at a couple times I felt strong energy around me. It is hard to describe, I just felt a pull from above, I guess would be the easiest way to describe it. I also saw different locations in my mind, not sure if that was dreaming or sleeping or what.
The most amazing part was when she used the bowls and did some chanting (I think it was her chanting – I heard chanting and wasn’t sure if it was from the earbuds or not). THE BOWLS!! They
were so intense. I don’t want to say “loud” and scare you off 😊 but they were deep and penetrating into my head. It felt like it was going in one ear, rattling around, and then out the other. I was almost brought to tears, I guess because of the emotion, or the release, I’m not sure. I was able to hold them off, but now looking back, I probably should have let it loose and gotten the FULL experience.
I hope this helps you! I really want to encourage everyone to be open to the whole health experience. I believe health is not only about physical fitness in the form of working out and eating right, but also spiritually and mentally. It all works together, and it takes time and experimentation to figure out what works for your body.
Leave a comment and let me know if you want to try it!