It is that time of year, the time of year where we are all considering how we want to face the next 365 days.
Do we want to be healthier? Richer? Nicer? Smarter?
I want to be all of those things too, but I’m also chasing Peace. Not World Peace (I mean, that would be nice too), but internal peace.
I’m a self-improvement junkie. I’m always reading about self-growth, or listening to podcasts about business or some other self-love topic. I read a book this year, called Peace is Power (link to check it out here) and it pretty much rocked my world. It isn’t your traditional self-help book… not at all. You’ll see it when you read it.
What struck me about this book is the short, direct, in your face lessons. My favorite lesson was called Peaceful is Powerful. It was the third lesson in the book that covered peace, and it was the one that gave me chills (not that the previous lessons weren’t also totally awesome).
This lesson talked about one’s ability to be AT PEACE, and that your power comes from that ability. If you can be peaceful and powerful, then you are your strongest self.
So, how does one become peaceful and powerful? Easy.
- Tell yourself you are already at peace. Not that you WANT peace, that you ARE peace. Whenever you get into a judgy, critical, story about yourself or others, recognize it, step back and tell yourself you ARE peace. You will immediately feel a change in your vibration.
- Tell yourself you are strong and powerful. This works. This works in both the emotional and physical realms of your being. I used this in my powerlifting days and I’m practicing using it now just in my daily life. Just using it to rise above some situations that might have held me back in the past. When I do rise above, ohhhh do I feel good! You will too. But it starts with believing I am strong and powerful BEFORE those situations arise, not after I’ve overcome them.
- Empower others. Lift them up, don’t judge them. Live in the state of empowerment and others will catch the fever. Do not waiver in your empowerment, don’t shrink of others don’t “get it.” Just be it.
- Do not suffer. Suffering is a CHOICE. Suffering is different from pain. Pain may not be avoidable, but suffering is. You can absolutely choose not to suffer. You can choose to just accept what is, accept that everything is exactly as it should be Accept that the Universe is hearing you and working for you at all times. Then choose to be AT PEACE (See tip #1).
- Practice this mantra: I am peace, I AM peace, I am PEACE. That is straight from the book. Say each variation of the phrase OUT LOAD 10 times every day. EVERY DAY. I believe that when we say our mantras out loud, we really feel them, we get emotional, we raise our vibration. That’s what the real secret is.
- BONUS Tip: Start a gratitude journal. Write down 5-10 things that you are grateful for every day. I like to do mine in the morning right after my meditation. I find it puts a positive and peaceful spin on my day.
Guys, have a great 2018! Find what you are looking for. Wander, experiment, laugh, move, be at peace.
Happy New Year!!